Saturday, July 13, 2013

FAL: The Plans for Q3

Whenever I write these posts about what I want to finish each quarter, I like to think about what I'll be doing at that time of year. The third quarter ends in September, so hopefully we will be well into harvest. Autumn is easily my favorite season. With the warm days and cool nights, the sounds of combines in the fields, and brilliant colors all around, you really can't beat it! 

So what will I accomplish over the next three months? Here's the plan:

We'll start off with the three rollovers from last time...
Road to TN, top complete
1. Hometown Road to Tennessee: I pulled this one out the other day and actually finished piecing the top. It is kind of an odd size, though, so I may end up adding borders or something. It has been about 2 years since I started this one, so I would love to finally get it done!

2. Stacked Squares: No progress (and apparently no picture, either) but I'm ready for this one to move on!

Untitled
3. Diamond Ripples: No progress, but I do have the fabric that I need to finish the blocks, so I have no excuse!

Untitled
4. Les Amis baby quilt: I salvaged a previous disaster and am hoping to get this finished for an old friend that is due with her first child next month.

Untitled
5. Modern D9P: I actually just started this one a few days ago after an idea struck for a way to use up some of my charms. I participated in a few charm swaps last year and would rather use them than see them sitting in my drawer, so when inspiration struck I ran with it. Hopefully the enthusiasm continues and this will be a quick finish!

Untitled
6. Scrappy Log Cabins: I made these two QAYG blocks with some of the scraps from the twin girl quilts I made at the beginning of the year. I would love to turn them into something, whether that be a baby quilt, machine cover, table runner...anything really. I like them too much to have them shoved in a drawer.

Untitled
7. Modern Maples: I have all the pieces trimmed and ready to sew together. Hoping to get this one finished so we can enjoy it this fall! Thanks to Debbie for the motivation!

Untitled
8. Holiday Sampler: I really can't remember what the real name for this one is supposed to be. I've got two of these cross-stitch projects that I haven't touched in months. I only have one more row to go on this one, so hopefully I can get it done before December. I plan to take it in the car with us when we go to Iowa next week, but that never seems to work out for me. Cell service is sketchy at mom and dad's though, so maybe I'll be able to stay off my phone and work on it!

So...8 projects. Go big, right? Thank you so much to Leanne for the motivation to actually finish some of these!

she can quilt

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects to be getting on with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your projects Toni. Good luck this quarter! I personally am getting zero done this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Toni - get to see your work - I love the diamond ripples. That is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee, that's an ambitious list! Your cross stitch is soooo cute! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list there, good luck with getting them done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Toni! Good luck with your finishes. I really like the diamond ripples blocks. They will make a great top. I'm going to email you a pic of my Road to Tennessee quilt right now. You can see how I added borders to make it a useful size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! that cross-stitch is incredible! I was never able to get the hang of it. And love that modern D9P!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your projects are so gorgeous, and fun, Toni. I love the D9P and the Scrappy log cabins, too. Hope they work into something. :D Good luck with your finishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous list of projects! Your D9P is gorgeous, and i love the colours in your scrappy logs! Good luck with Q3!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the list! Must have been you that made me think I should do that road to Tennessee block with my Hometown layer cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely bunch of projects!! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete