Friday, June 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

Why is it that I only remember Fresh Sewing Day after I start reading others' posts about it? 

I'm afraid there isn't too much to show as far as productivity in May, but with all that has been going on this month I'm quite happy with what I have accomplished. 

This was the first of two baby quilts I made for high school friends with new babies. Simple patchwork of 9" squares with the baby's initial appliqued on a square of Essex linen, finished with a fun blanket stitched binding.

And the second quilt, this one using For the Love's Shelby pattern. Raw-edge appliqued orange peels in yellow, orange, fuchsia, and plum on a Kona snow background. 

That pretty much sums up my month of sewing, except for a few small projects...

Set Sail block, PJ pants, and baby blankets
As I was writing this I also realized that I've made about 6 pairs of pajama shorts for the older boys, though I have no pictures of those. I'm the quilter for May in our circle of do Good Stitches, so hopefully I'll have another quilt finish to show in June and let's not forget all the baby things left to be made...

Linking up with the the ever-talented Lynne of Lily's Quilts...

Lily's Quilts

18 comments:

  1. I am the same! I always forget then see other people linking up and remember! love that orange peel quilt. Reminds me totally of Summer !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post just reminded me! Love that Shelby quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been more than busy, for a lady in your condition!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Essex linen...your work is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni! Nice to see you and your May finishes. Still love that Shelby pattern so much. Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you make for your baby girl! Colors, fabrics, the whole bit. I had to order a few of those oranges and pinks you pit together. They were so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's all lovely! I especially love the orange peel quilt. Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have great color choices!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colours that you are using. I need to go and post my link too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha - yeah, I never remember Fresh sewing Day on my own either! And then usually I just skip it altogether. :) Looks like a great month for you. Still loving the Shelby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those baby quilts you made! And you're awesome for making so many pajama pants for your boys! I'm too lazy to make kid clothes, and my mom likes buying them anyway. :>

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a great month! I really love the orange peel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Toni! Nice work this month! I love your orange peel quilt, I've been daydreaming about making one. Off to check out the pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving your orange peel quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've achieved a ton this month!! Love the orange peel quilt. Can't wait to see what items you have planned for the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job, I forgot altogether with FQR on - oh well, there's always next month lol

    ReplyDelete