Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Recipes

Last week I skipped out on Tuesdays at the Table because of the stomach plague, but thankfully it didn't last too long. It didn't keep me out of the kitchen for long, either. Too many hungry mouths around here!

I tried several new recipes last week, and am glad to say that I can highly recommend all of them. So if you are looking for something new to try, how about one of these?

Baked Oatmeal with Fruit from Annie's Eats
Herb Focaccia Bread from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Homemade Maple Syrup from Mel's Kitchen Cafe



Today my trusty helpers and I made Soft Honey Wheat Sandwich Bread from Kitchen Simplicity. I just took it out of the oven and I'm trying to exercise a little restraint. It really needs to cool off a bit before I cut it, but the heavenly smell coming from my kitchen may overtake me.

Hop on over to A Quilter's Table to see what everyone else is sharing around their tables. And while you are there, check out Debbie's great new Modern Crosses mini quilt.

10 comments:

  1. That stool is as big as he is! So precious. ;) I need to try to make bread again. Mine always comes out dense and I guess I just gave up. Maybe I'll give your link a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a honey! I'd love to play a little belly guitar and nibble his toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the bread recipe Toni. I needed to bake bread today, so I'm glad I saw this and can try a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet photo of your little one! I think I'm going to try that bread recipe soon. I haven't tackled one that starts with a sponge yet and have been relying on the same one each week lately. I am totally guilty of slicing into bread too soon. There's nothing better than a warm slice with melted butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad (and retrospectively jealous) that you are able to enjoy cooking and smells whilst pregnant! Sweet little helper xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I can't even think about recipes, that little helper is distracting me with cuteness!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh. Lots of good recipes to check out - thanks! And agreed - precious little guy on the stool. Thanks for linking up today, Toni! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That spinach one sounds yummy! Your baby on the stool is adoooorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the smell of freshly baked bread!

    ReplyDelete